Smoothie bowls are all over Instagram at the moment, so we thought we’d share our favourite recipe with you.
It’s as easy as A-B-C.
Avocado, Banana and of course CAROB!
This smoothie bowl is very satisfying and a much healthier treat than chocolate ice cream. The carob powder has a naturally rich and sweet taste, which means you don’t need to add any extra sugars. And the frozen bananas and avocado are creamy and packed with nutrients like potassium, vitamin C and B vitamins.
It’s perfect for breakfast or serves 2 as a snack.
- 1/2 (60g) ripe avocado
- 2 ripe (240g) bananas
- 1 cup (240ml) rice milk
- 1 heaped tbsp (13g) Savvy roasted carob powder
- 1 tsp (4g) cacao/ cocoa powder
- optional- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar or other sweetner
- Peel the bananas and cut into 2cm chunks. Put the chunks into a zip-lock bag and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender and mix until smooth. You might need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add your favourite toppings. We love coconut yoghurt, mixed berries and chocolate sauce!!
- If your blender is having trouble mixing the ingredients wait for 10 minutes until they have thawed out a bit and try again.
- Freeze the mixture into ice lolly moulds for a yummy treat.
Recipe and photos by Rachel from HealthyandPsyched
Buy your pack of oven roasted powder for this recipe now!